Deutsche Bank has the expertise, skills and flexibility to provide escrow services for various types of collateral.
Deutsche Bank provides collection, trustee and custody services, plus investment, monitoring and reporting, making Deutsche Bank a one stop show for escrow clients.
With a focus on client satisfaction, a dedicated, global team of escrow specialists, a global network of offices, and a track record of product innovation, we offer our clients a professional, high quality service.
DB Escrow advantage
Globally integrated business with on-location teams in Americas, EMEA and APAC
- A flexible approach (contracts, commercials) and high touch client service model
- A range of investment options including multiple balance sheets, MMFs across all top providers
- Ability to support US, UK or German governing law and most major currencies
- More than 100 years of track record and continued strong commitment
- Commitment: We have a dedicated and growing team of professionals with deep expertise focused exclusively on escrow solutions.
- Agility: Our standard escrow agreements and transparent “know your client” checks enables us to set-up escrows quickly.
- Reach: We combine a global network with local expertise to offer escrow accounts in multiple jurisdictions in over 50 currencies.
- A one-stop-shop: By integrating Deutsche Bank’s global capabilities, including foreign exchange, cash management, custody, payment and reporting – we provide clients with complete solutions.
- Wide range of investment options: We offer a full range of investment options, including customised investment solutions, interest and non-interest bearing accounts, multi currency deposits, money market funds, offshore funds, long and short term securities.
|Type of escrow transaction||Application||Benefits|
|Mergers & acquisitions||
Holdbacks - to cover indemnification claims or purchase price adjustments
Earn-outs - post closing adjustments when the acquired business achieves specific milestones
"Good faith" deposits - downpayment to show commitment and ability to fund the transaction
Safeguard against loss arising from breach of indemnities
Ensures disbursement of funds and completion of specific milestones
Provides assurance to transaction parties that funding is in place
Acquisition financing or pending IPO, private equity, hedge fund, consortium or SPAC transaction
Provides assurance to parties that funding is in place and disbursement is made
|Segregated Collateral Accounts||In order to comply with industry regulations, clients may use segregated collateral accounts to segregate cash and securities off a counterparty’s balance sheet.||Accounts platform provides the flexibility to quickly move cash and securities between a client’s encumbered and unencumbered accounts held with DBTCA., Dedicated Control Account Manager, Access to Control Accounts position and transaction information through secure online platform.|
Assets held separate from trading, exchange or clearing counterparty
Ensure assets segregation and parties can fulfil promise to pay
|Project finance/ construction||
Funds are released on completion of pre-defined milestones
Mitigates risk of non payment and ensures appropriate disbursement
"Good faith" deposits, title insurance, guarantee future rental streams
Provides assurance on the transfer of title prior to payment being disbursed
|Insurance Trust||Insurance Trusts can help ensure all obligations are fulfilled in an insurance or reinsurance contract by holding pledged collateral.||Escrows for Insurance Trust are cheaper and faster than Letters of Credit, and not subject to annual reviews like Letters of Credit.|
|DIPs and restructuring||Deutsche Bank has the ability to hold various collateral types in Restructuring, Bankruptcy, Default and other distressed situations.||We have a dedicated escrow team with quick turnaround times and a global network.|
Assets are placed in escrow pending appeal of a court judgement, bankruptcy or class action claims
Assets safeguarded during appeal and settlement process
Infrastructure Investor Awards, March 2017
Corporate Trust Services Provider of the Year - Global, seven consecutive years
Best in Corporate Trust
The Asset Triple A Asset Servicing, Investor and Fund Management Awards 2015, June 2015
Top Three Best Attorney Escrow ServicesFour consecutive yearsNew York Law Journal Reader Rankings, 2016
Intelligent Insurer 2015
Best Bank for Collateral Trusts, 2015